Friday, January 9, 2009

Snow Days

I don't know where Jordan gets it, but he just LOVES being outside. I enjoy being outside if the weather is just absolutely perfect. Warm enough I don't need a jacket, but not too warm so that I sweat. Plus, no wind. Jordan on the other hand loves it rain or shine. Looks like I am going to have to get use to going outside more often...I guess it wouldn't hurt!

Originally I had debated about spending the money on getting Jordan so snow gear. I'm glad we did. He has gone out in the snow quite a few times already. Every morning he wakes up, he likes to look out the window. Usually he says "go, go", but now he says "side", meaning that he wants to go outside.

Here is the first time he went outside in the snow. At first he didn't know what to think about it...he just sat there frozen. Finally he decided it was fun to play in the snow.

He had a great time laying down in the snow....brave boy!

He was lucky he had his uncles and auntie M to play with him!
He even helped Grandpa (Grandpa's little Steeler's buddy) clean off the car.


When it was time to come in, the threw the biggest fit I have ever seen! From the crying, to throwing himself on the ground so he could kick and scream!

After all of the crazyness, Jordan showed Grandpa and Uncle Tyler what he would like for Christmas, then he fell asleep next to Grandpa....

....I'm not sure how Grandpa managed it, I can never get him to snuggle up next to me and nap!
I guess the day just wore him out!
Around Christmas time we had a huge storm that brought a foot of snow to us. Aaron was out shoveling the walks, so I decided to go out and help and let Jordan play. He loved it! He would sit, lay and try to pick up the snow.


He thought it was the greatest to lay down in it!

I would make him little seats so he could rest....funny kid!

He also wanted to help so dang bad. He would get so frustrated when he couldn't pick up the shovel like Uncle Aaron and I were doing.



Jordan and Uncle Aaron! Jordan even became part of the snow load being scooped!
He was so sweet, whenever the snow would get in his face by accident, he would look at me for help. I would go and brush off his face and tell him he was good to go and play again. He'd smile and go play so more. That day we were out there an hour or so. We even went back outside that day once dad got home to play again!

No comments:

Jordan....my pride & joy