Friday, November 7, 2008

15 Month Appointment

Today was Jordan's 15 month appointment. Poor little guy was so excited to "go, go, go" when we left the house. This appointment was probably the worst when it came down to the shots. Usually he cries and doesn't like it (who could blame him), but this time it seemed worse. Poor little guy. It is so hard to watch them get their shots.

Other than that the appointment went ok. He is 18.2 pounds (looks like it will still be a while before he gets to face forward in the car!) and 30.1 inches tall. As far as the weight goes he is still underneath the growth chart and in height he is in the 25th percentile. So he is just a little guy.

The doctor does want us to go up to Primary Children's and have some tests done to make sure everything is going ok with him since he is so small. Glen and I feel good that nothing is wrong. We are still going to check into the tests just to have peace of mind. My mom keeps reminding me how small I was as a child and that her side of the family is also small. So hopefully all will go well when we get his tests done!

2 comments:

Jesse, Christa and Marshall said...

I'm sure everyting is fine. For a while my son was only in the fifth percentile for weight and the doctor kept telling me to fatten him up. At his last appointment the doctor finally said, "I think you just have a tall, skinny kid". Even now he is only in the tenth percentile for weight. As long as your son is eating and is growing, even if it is a little, I don't think there is anything to worry about. You know your son better than the doctor so if you think he is healthy then I wouldn't worry. With the child obesity problems there are now, I welcome having a skinny kid because I know it can be such a struggle to get that weight off, even for kids. No worries!

Tanya said...

my friend! i would love to have you read my blog, but you forgot to leave your email:) i agree with christa, sounds like you and glen are pretty in tune with you kid and know if something is wrong or not, but its also nice to have a pediatrician that will be that thorough! plus, where better to take him that to primary's! if there is anything wrong, they'll fix it:)

Jordan....my pride & joy