Friday, August 7, 2009

Busy Busy Busy

These last few weeks have been fun, stressful and busy.

We had our 20 week ( I am actually 22 weeks) doctor appointment and ultra sound. Everything is looks good and she is still a girl. They measured everything and she comes in at about 16 oz. She has all of her limbs, her heart looks good, her spine looks great and so does everything else they checked. They couldn't get a well enough look to rule out cleft lip, but as far as the ultra sound lady could tell, she looks fine. So I have to go in for another ultra sound next month. Which I don't mind. I really love having ultra sounds and seeing my sweet baby girl move. She definitely is more of a mover than I remember Jordan being at this stage of the pregnancy. I absolutely love feeling her move! I need to figure out how to scan pictures on to the computer so I can show off her cute ultra sound pics. My next appointment is on August 31st, and I can't wait.

Also my little boy is now 2! I really can't believe how fast time goes by. I have gotten teary-eyed the past few days with my little guy growing up...not quite sure if it is just because I am an emotional person to begin with, if it is the mom in me, or the pregnant hormones....or maybe a little bit of all three! I am really excited to experience the next mile stone to age three with him now (it also helps that I will have a new baby girl to take place as being my newborn and baby). He has been so much fun up to now, and continues to be such a sweet and fun boy. I will have to also post pics and more detail of his special day.

Also, Glen and I have decided to go back to school this fall. It has been such a stress and hassle getting everything figured out. Both Glen and I in the past have made some bad decisions with school. Which now is coming back to haunt us in getting our financial aid and school loans. Fortunately, they have decided to give me another chance and grant me financial aid. Which is great and not so great. I was only planning on taking one online class this semester. I will be 6 months pregnant starting school and be due the week of finals. Not sure if I'm up to it, but I will have to be. I have to have at least 2 classes (6 credit hours) to be eligible for student loans and financial aid. Now I will be doing one online course, and one course at the U. I'm not excited to have to walk the hills in the cold 9 months pregnant, but that is what is going to have to be since they don't offer all the courses I need to take online. Unfortunately, Glen was not granted the financial aid we needed, making it even more important that I do school so he can also do school. We can't afford to do school on our own, so this is our only choice. One good thing is that his boss is being great to work with. He is going to cut back hours at work so he can do school, and still be able to keep insurance....which is wonderful and a must for us right now! I am also going to have to check with my professors and make sure they will work with me in case I go into labor early or during finals. Hopefully all will work out.

I am also wondering if I can get any advice. I am a little nervous doing school so far along in pregnancy and having finals at the time of my due date. Has anyone, or if you know anyone, done school pregnant? If so, how did it go, and is there any advice you can give? Also, am I crazy to try and take on a two year old, a pregnancy (possible newborn) and school all at the same time, all when my husband will also be trying to go back to school as well?

4 comments:

The Church's said...

Hey No more sleeping your gonna have to go to class! lol Well you can do it! I did and Its hard but you cant think about it and just do it. Usually if you can plan in advance you will be fine for finals. It does make it super hard to have a little one who needs you be prego and still study,which means you get little to no sleep but in the end it is all well worth it!

Michelle said...

I'm not going to sugar coat it - it's not going to be easy to do all of that at once but I know it can be done. When I was taking an Abnormal Psych class at the U there was a girl in your same predicament. She was due right around finals and the professor was really good to work with her given the situation.

Knowing you, you try to take on too much at once. Do a little bit at a time. If it means you going to school now and Glen waiting a while til you're done then maybe that's the way to go. No sense in getting yourselves into huge debt and not having much money coming in on top of it. But then, that's just my opinion. Take it for what it's worth. :) Good luck!

Hannadam said...

My advice is to start with the classes that interest you the most. They will make it easier on you because you will like them so much. Good luck!

BreeAnn said...

Hey what are you guys naming your little girl? Just curious! Congrats!

Jordan....my pride & joy