Sunday, June 14, 2009

Scottish Festival

Every year I look forward to going to the Scottish Festival. It is the second weekend in June at Thanksgiving Point. I have always had a liking for bag pipe music, kilts & Scotland. I would love to go back there again someday. Heck, I would move there if I could:) I will have to pull out my Scotland pics another day and post them (they were done on an old school camera with film!).

Usually we work the entire festival, but this year we went to it and worked it. We were able to go Friday night, and then worked Snowie on Saturday.
On Friday Jordan had such a great time there.
He enjoyed "Celtic Mint" ice cream....
Was a big helper by pushing his stroller....
Every so often he would stop and fix his wheels, not quite sure why, but it was sweet....
And enjoyed dancing with me to the band!
Once the clouds started looking really angry, we decided it was time to go! Once we got in the car it started to down pour!

Nice call on heading out when we did sweetie!

On Saturday Glen and I worked Snowie. I always enjoy working them with Glen. Glen is such a sweetheart and puts up with me and my Scottish fetish. I can't help but get teary-eyed when I hear or see the bag pipers! I think it stems from watching them with my Pa when I was a little girl. He was also intrigued by them.
Of course, Saturday was such a stormy day. At one point it rained so hard even the cover of the Snowie building didn't keep us dry and we were drenched! I loved how the bag pipers still played in the rain and marched to their competition sites. At one point, right before "the big" down pour, one clan was marching so bravely in the rain.

Once they passed us and the big down pour hit, they all took off running for cover. It was both sad & funny to watch. Moments before they were so bravely sticking out the storm...I guess it got to be too much....and I don't blame them:)
Next year I would like to just go to the entire festival and not work it. They have all sorts of great dancing, bands and sports. I was lucky to see a little bit of one of the sports this year. They were tossing small bales of hay with a pitch fork over a high pole! Thanks sweetie for watching the booth so I could have a little fun.
Until next June.....

1 comment:

Linds said...

Maybe your new baby will now have a fetish for bagpipes. You guys are fun.

Jordan....my pride & joy