Tuesday, June 30, 2009

It's a Girl!!!

So on Glen's birthday we found out that we are going to be having a precious baby girl! When we went in, she did not want to cooperate. She was trying to sleep and wanted to be curled up in a ball. After trying to get a definite gender check, the ultra sound lady decided that we better go and get a coke and walk around for a while to try and get her awake. At that time we were thinking girl, but needed to get some better pics. After walking around and drinking a coke, we went back and got some really great pics and confirmed that we are having a girl!!! I have her ultra sound pics and will post them later (when I figure out how to scan them in!).
When we left the hospital, of course we had to go right out and buy her some cloths. We had a time restraint (but of course that didn't stop us), and the closest store was Target. We both picked out a cute little outfit.
(Actually, this was her first outfit. We got it a few weeks ago. It was just darling and I fell in love with it...we thought that we would "think pink". Last time with Jordan we "thinked pink" and had to spend an entire day returning outfits. No returning this time!!!)

(This is the outfit that Glen picked out.)

(This is the outfit I picked out...sorry, for some reason I can't get the pic to turn the right way on the blog.)

That weekend we went to the Tooele Art Festival. Can I say scary for someone who has a little bit of cash, just found out she is having a little girl, has always wanted to shop for a little girl, and is surrounded by darling homemade bows & headbands for little girls! Needless to say the cash didn't last that long. I really need to find my inner self control since I still have 5 more months to go...this could get expensive:) I really need to learn how to make bows for her...if anyone knows how, has any tips, etc, please let me know!
(The bow in the bottom left hand corner is the one Glen picked out for his outfit. Later, we figured out it is really black and not brown, so, of course I needed to get one with brown to match the outfit. So We got the one in the top right hand corner to go with it. Naturally we didn't return the other one. It is so cute and I will just have to find an outfit to match!)
It was fun though, even Glen had a good time looking and actually was the one who picked out her first little bow to match the outfit he picked out. For being a guy, he has wonderful taste...heck, I may have to share dressing and picking out her outfits with him:) I love that Glen is such a great daddy and so involved in mine, Jordan's and now our precious little girl's lives.

3 comments:

Leslie & Chris said...

Awww...Congrats!!! That is so great!!! I am so excited for you guys. I have loves shopping for little girl stuff...though to be honest I haven't bough many cloths yet...but I want to get going on it. And all the little flowers to go on their head....awww...Congrats!!!

Anonymous said...

That is awesome! i think it is so cool that your first two happen to be a boy then a girl. You are so lucky. By the way the bows and stuff are cute. Congrats!!!!

The Leavitt Family said...

I'm so excited for you guys!!! It was good seeing you and meeting little Jordan. Can't wait to see what an adorable little "girl" you two make. CONGRATS again!

Crystal

Jordan....my pride & joy